Savings Bank, Martin

Sporiteľňa, účastinná spoločnosť Martin, originally Turciansko-svato-martinska sporitelna, was Slovakia's first financial joint stock company. It was based in the town of Martin, then a busy centre of political and cultural life in Slovakia. The founding assembly was held in June 1868. Jozef Justh was the first manager, with Viliam Pauliny-Toth as deputy. In 1920, the savings institute merged with Tatra banka, uc. spol. Archive files contain a valuable letter written by the bank's founder Viliam Pauliny Toth dated 1868, along with annual reports in Slovak and Hungarian. A Turciansko - svato - martinska sporitelna deposit book
A Turciansko - svato - martinska
sporitelna deposit book