Farmers' Bank

Sedliacka banka, účastinná spoločnosť, with its head office in Bratislava, was established on November 21, 1941. The founding assembly met on December 4, 1941. The first chairman, Frano Tiso, was later appointed general director.

Sedliacka banka share certificate from 1942
Sedliacka banka share certificate from 1942

During its short existence from 1942 till 1948, this first farmers' bank grew to become one of Slovakia's largest commercial banks. Its records occupy some 130 meters of shelf space and are dated between 1941 and 1948, with the articles of association being some of the most valuable items.