How to settle a cross-border dispute?

A cross-border dispute over a financial service occurs where the service provider has its registered office in an EU Member State  other than the Member State in which your permanent or usual residence is located.

In the event of a cross-border dispute, you should  first contact the financial service provider concerned. If you cannot resolve the problem together, you can turn to the following institutions:

  • the European Consumer Centre, which will send you the contact data of an entity that may help you to handle the dispute in question; or
  • the FIN-NET network, where you can select an entity according to the country in which the service provider operates and the type of the financial service you have a problem with.  When formulating your complaint, please follow the instructions on how a complaint is to be filed and which language is to be used for communication.